- Last Updated on 29 June 2012
- Hits: 4162
- If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
- Unmarried couple who live together and "lewdly associate" with one another may face up to a year in prison.
- Roadkill may be taken home for supper.
- Any person who commits adultery shall be fined at least twenty dollars.
- No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions."
- Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.
- It is illegal to snooze on a train.
- A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.
- A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
- For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.
- According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.
- When a railroad passes within 1 mile of a community of 100 or more people in it, they must build a station and stop there regularly to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Whistling underwater is prohibited.
- It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
- A tax of 1 cent is levied for every 16 and 9 ounces of coke sold in a store.
CITY LAWS IN WEST VIRGINIA
- One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
- No member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during a church service.
- Firemen may not whistle or flirt at any woman passing a firehouse.
- It is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.